Monday, August 20, 2012

Perfect LOVE cast out fear


1 John 4: 7 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
 

1 John 4: 8 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 

1 John 4: 9 We love him, because he first loved us.



Perfect:

1) to make perfect, complete

a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end

2) to complete (perfect)

a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full

b) to be found perfect

3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed

4) to accomplish

a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event

1) of the prophecies of the scriptures



1 John 4: 8 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.



This verse gave me great comfort over the weekend.


I can’t tell you how many times I have looked at this verse and prayed that I would have  “PERFECT LOVE towards GOD”
 

But as I was praying this weekend, the HOLY SPIRIT brought this verse to NEW LIFE, bringing  REVIVAL to my heart.


“PERFECT LOVE cast out FEAR”

FEAR

) fear, dread, terror
a) that which strikes terror
2) reverence for one's husband


This is how the HOLY SPIRIT worked that verse into my spirit:



KNOWING HIM, in HIS PERFECT LOVE cast out ALL FEAR and TORMENT”



THIS IS THE INSIGHT the HOLY SPIRIT gave me on this VERSE:



My love, the ministry the LORD has put into my hands, and the STANDS that I MAKE  for GOD is truly contingent upon HOW MUCH I KNOW HE LOVES ME.



A few question I had to ask myself:



Do I truly have the confidence that GOD LOVES ME?

Do I know HIM in HIS “PERFECT LOVE?”


Has HE touch the depths of my heart, my life in ways that I know HIM with such a certainty and confidence that HE IS REAL TO ME.

Do I KNOW that, NO MATTER what happens in this LIFE, I “KNOW” without a doubt HE LOVES ME and has a commitment to see me through till the end. 

And HOW do I even ANSWER that QUESTION?



This answer goes back to the PRAYER HE told me to pray a few months ago:



"LORD reveal yourself to me in ALL YOUR GLORY!!!!"

WE NEED and INTIMATE TOUCH FROM HIM TO KNOW THAT HE IS REAL.



Perhaps you might need a few questions to help DEFINE what was meant by that statement:

  

Have I met HIM as the HOLY, JUST, RIGHTEOUS GOD, MERCIFUL GOD that HE IS?

THE JUST ONE

THE RIGHTEOUS ONE

THE MERCIFUL ONE

The GOD of GRACE

The Miracle worker, healer, prophet, savior of the soul etc.


Have I meet HIM as the Chastiser? (for those HE loves HE chastise)

Have I meet HIM as the ONE that FILLS the hunger and thirst?

Etc etc etc.


I have met HIM in some of the most intimate ways in my life.



 YET I know there is MORE to HIS PERFECTION than I have not experienced in my life.
 

THE LORD has IDENTIFED HIMSELF to me in so many ways in my life, and I am confident that I have an INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP with HIM. HE is just not some "words" written on a page. HE IS ALIVE and WELL sitting beside HIS FATHER, our FATHER.



But it is apparent to me that for “ALL FEAR” to be cast out of my life, I need to know HIS GREAT LOVE for me, even more deeply than I know HIM now.



For I will LOVE HIM, have confidence in HIM with my very LIFE, when I truly understand, HIS PERFECT LOVE FOR ME or JUST HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME!!!!



PERHAPS YOU WILL JOIN ME IN THIS PRAYER?



LORD JESUS I pray that I come to KNOW YOUR LOVE for me MORE PERFECTLY.

 In ways that I never have experienced before. That I will be bold in the day of judgment, and not live in fear or torment.



 That I would SURRENDER myself as a LIVING SACRIFICE, more fully to what you DESIRE to do in me and through me for YOUR GLORY and YOUR HONOR.



 I could never be perfect, but I know that YOU ARE PERFECT.

And that PERFECTION is beyond my understanding, as the weak vessel that I am. 

 THROUGH KNOWING YOUR PERFECT LOVE for me, I can have the confidence to be a TESTIMONY to YOUR NAME.  

 That I can have the strength to ENDURE unto the END with all TRUST and CONFIDENCE that whatever comes upon this body is only a temporary end.  



That I would be able to look to YOUR FACE and surrender myself under YOUR WING as I face those trials and tribulation that is going to come upon us.



LORD JESUS I pray that YOU will REVEAL YOURSELF with all of your GLORY to YOUR BODY as we draw nearer to YOU. GIVE us the confidence and trust that YOU are by our side, to lead us, guide us in the direction YOU would have us go.


For it is in doing YOUR WILL that YOU find GLORY.  IN JESUS NAME I pray AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment