Thursday, August 1, 2013

THE WORD OF GOD.

THE WORD OF GOD

PSALMS 119:  105  Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

GEN 2: 2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made ; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made .

REST:


1) to cease, desist, rest
a) (Qal)
1) to cease
2) to rest, desist (from labour)

HE DID, I DO....

EX 31: 18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God

JESUS SAID:

LUKE 13 : 10  AND HE WAS TEACHING IN ONE OF THE
SYNAGOGUES ON THE SABBATH..     




LUKE 13: 14..... THERE ARE SIX DAYS IN WHICH MEN OUGHT TO WORK; IN THEM THEREFORE COME AND BE HEALED, AND NOT ON THE SABBATH DAY.

 

I have been a way for some time now, I needed some time to reflect on things of the LORD.


I wanted to share this with you from a REJUVENATING MOMENT IN MY LIFE:

I have been doing a great deal of work in my yard lately. My yard is a place where I can get away from everything and just put my head phones on and listen to praise music. 

I decided it was time for me to do a little work around one of my flower beds.

I have one of those “10 Commandment stones’ in this particular flower bed sitting beside our drive way.

As I was rustling around trying to find ways to Highlight this stone, it became a VERY HEART WARMING, SPIRITUAL MOMENT FOR ME.

An EXTRA MEASURE Of “LOVE” was poured into my heart for MY LORD and SAVIOR.


These TEN COMMAND STONE has been in our yard for many years now.

For me, I see it as an opportunity to share a WITNESS and give a testimony to my neighbors and anyone that pass by.  

I believe it tells a story about the people in this home,

That we have a HIGH REGARD and REVERENCE to the LORD MOST HIGH and HIS WORD.

For me personally it is a constant reminded that that I BELONG to HIM, that HIS WORD holds a very special place in my life. And it is a reminder that there is an accountability involved in being a CHILD OF GOD.

HE is my maker, my CREATOR, and my Redeemer, and though I can NEVER be perfect in this WORLD. I BELIEVE IN HIM and I BELIEVE HIS WORD TO BE TRUE.

As I was preparing this area in my yard for flowers a few days ago, I suddenly just sat down and took a good look at this stone.

Suddenly, I felt a tremendous PRAISE go through my heart and spirit.

I took a moment to MEDITATE ON WHAT HIS WORDS MEANT TO ME, and MY LIFE.


It was like  my HEART suddenly took a leap of  JOY and I felt an extra measure of LOVE FOR HIM go through me… 

I thought, YES, HALLELUJAH!!!!, these are the VERY WORDS and COMMANDS, precepts, principles of MY LORD, the MOST HIGH GOD, written with HIS VERY FINGER.

MY ABBA FATHER, the ONE TRUE GOD of my life. He has blessed me, the ONE WHO has cared for me all these years.


These WORDS on this STONE, have been handed down to me, through prophets and priest, WORDS that many of them gave their lives for.

MY life has been so BLESSED according HIS PROMISES. I am not ashamed. I want to HONOR HIM and LOVE HIM, more than life itself.

JOY, PEACE and HARMONY with HIM, felt so good in that moment...!!
a tremendous LOVE for HIM went through my heart because I am a part of HIS KINGDOM. I am a Sweet aroma to my ABBA FATHER!!

What better way to seek to live my life pleasing to HIM, than according to these precepts and principles.


JUST as suddenly I began to feel a great sadness. I realized that a few of my professing brothers and sisters  would completely disagree with me on one point of these commandment.

They would say,

 “ALL these commands were meant to be honored and appreciated EXCEPT ONE”


EX 28 REMEMBER THE SABBATH and KEEP IT HOLY!!!

I hope you can forgive me for my boldness on this, but I say this with great distress!!!

I just can’t understand why we have taken such a WONDERFUL Opportunity to “REST” both physically and spiritually and turned it into something that is to be despised?

I simply can’t understand, how we can IGNORE something that was WRITTEN by the very FIGURE OF GOD, and say it isn't relevant for our day??

WHY do we fight against the pricks so hard?? It is such a simple thing, not be ignored, but to be considered a BLESSING and a PART OF HIM.


OH how divided we are as a “BODY OF BELIEVERS”…

For me, REMEMBERING and OBSERVING  the SABBATH has come with both SPIRITUAL and PHYSICAL BLESSING.

I am not a JEW, and I do not REMEMBER OR OBSERVE like a JEW.

THE SABBATH doe not belong to the JEW, it belongs to GOD and is a BLESSING TO THE CHILDREN OF GOD.

I am a CHILD of GOD, I am IN HIM, OF HIM, and REMEMBERING what HE HAS DONE, WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO, and Participating in what HE DID (RESTING), and observing what HE has commanded me to do. SET THIS DAY ASIDE, as a time of REST, physically and spiritually.

OH if we could ONLY UNITE on this one thing, we would be so much better for it!!


CONCLUSION:

MY PROFESSION OF FAITH:


TO OBSERVE and REMEMBER THE SABBATH, wasn't mean to BIND us or to tax us with heaven burdens.  If that is the way you look at it, then you are looking at it UPSIDE DOWN.

It was meant to GIVE US “LIBERTY and FREEDOM” both physically and spiritually from the BURDENS of this WORLD. 

To YOKE us with the LIVING GOD. And HIS YOKE IS EASY!!!

WHAT IS THE SABBATH TO ME:

(I am sure that as I grow, other things will be revealed, but for now, this  HOW the LORD has invited me to participate in the SABBATH, according to HIS GRACE)

1. I SEE IT as a BLESSING, an ALLOTTED time that has been “GIVEN” to me by INVITATION and PERMISSION, a time for meeting with my LORD/ bridegroom for my spiritual growth. A time for my physical rest and for rejuvenated to face tomorrow burdens and labors. (spiritually and physically)

2. A DAY to express my JOY and MY HOPE, and celebration in JESUS CHRIST, for what HE has done, and what HE IS GOING TO DO in my future.

3. A DAY OF FOR WITNESS and TESTIMONY, through the  JOY,  PEACE, and confidence that we have found in JESUS CHRIST!!!

4. A WITNESS and TESTIMONY that I BELIEVE in an upcoming RETURN of JESUS CHRIST where HE will RULE and REIGN.

5.. A DAY to do GOOD for others, with JOY in your HEART, as the LORD brings them in my path.

6. A TIME where I can put my LABORS or BURDENS aside with full confidence that I am in HIS HANDS, and the evils of tomorrow will be there when I return to them. I will not WORRY or CONCERN myself with light bills, mortgage payments etc.

7.  ALL of this was meant  for my benefit, spiritually and physically.


THE SABBATH is a GIFT FROM GOD, and HE OFFERS and INVITES us into HIS REST, as BELIEVERS into what HE HAS DONE and WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO.

FOR HIS CHILDREN, to be partakers with HIM, as HIS BODY in a BLESSING..

***A DAY, meant to be SET ASIDE/HOLY for LORD’S PEOPLE,  HIS CHILDREN, when our worries, our task, our labors can be set aside that our FLESH and SPIRIT can recuperate, revive ourselves PHYSICAL and SPIRITUAL, in preparation for the  labors and burdens we have during the  6 days of the work week.  UNTIL the curse is thrown into the LAKE of FIRE, 6 days a man is commanded to work.

SETTING ASIDE THE SABBATH as a DAY OF SPIRITUAL REST and PHYSICAL REST HAS MEANT SO MUCH TO ME over the years, for it is  BY HIS VERY PERMISSIVE WILL and CONSENT we can PHYSICALLY REST, from our own CREATIVE WORK/labor and lay all our DAILY burdens down so we can be restored and refreshed!!!!  What a wonderful RELIEF.

And I can LAY it all down now, and meditate on what HE HAS DONE and WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO. AND “LIVE” as though  it is ALREADY DONE.

HE is our JUBILEE!! OUR KINSMEN REDEEMER!!!

IF that doesn’t give you the proper attitude, then I don’t know what will..

IT is a time of PEACE, HARMONY, JOY and only serves to ENRICH our RELATIONSHIP and our LIFE with HIM

I am now IN HIM, and OF HIM, and A PART OF WHAT HE has done and is going to DO!!!!

____________________________________________________________


I would like to ENCOURAGE you to take that WALK with HIM IN THE GARDEN of peace and harmony.  

Don’t set up RELIGIOUS rules for yourself. 

Allow the LORD to walk with you through it, as an intimate companion. 

ALLOW HIM to give you the HOPE, JOY, and PEACE that HE offers us.

YOU will find yourself REFRESHED and RESTORED physically and spiritually.

Ready and Prepared to fight the good fight of the weeks troubles and trials.


CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH:

WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT???

AND WHAT IS SO HARD to ACCEPT and RECEIVE about that??

What it comes down to to me.

Is we are so busy looking for the hidden manna, We IGNORE the SURE WORD of GOD.

WITH THE very "FINGER OF GOD" it was written, what could be more SURE or more significant than that???

AMEN and AMEN.

___________________________________________________


A FEW ADDED SCRIPTURES CONCERNING THE SABBATH.

EX 20: 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

EX 20: 10  But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates.

****A DAY of BLESSING, when we release our children, servants, animals of  LABOR and BURDENS, that they too can rest physically.


EX 20: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.


The INVITATION is to ALL, that live according to HIS COVENANT, including the “stranger” that SERVES HIM and LOVES HIM.

IS 56: 6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

MATT 3: 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.

LUKE 6: 9 Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy [it]?

****A DAY to do GOOD, with JOY, REJOICING and PEACE in your heart!!  REMEMBERING the WORK is DONE for our salvation and for creation.

To bring to life, to save a life, rather than to kill or destroy!!!

LUKE 13: 15 The Lord then answered him, and said, [Thou] hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or [his] ass from the stall, and lead [him] away to watering?

LUKE 23: 26  And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment

I do not believe it is to be used as “A DAY” to bind or yoke us from doing GOOD for one another or for others. But rather “DO GOOD” towards others for THEIR benefit.


MARK 2: 27  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:


DEUT 8: 6  Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

DEUT 11: 1 Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, always.

LUKE 13: 16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

LUKE 14: 5 And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?







No comments:

Post a Comment