Friday, October 7, 2011

CONCERNING THE FEAST OF THE LORD



If I may, PLEASE.  CONCERNING "KEEPING" the FEAST.

AFTER SPENDING TWO DAYS studying this subject I STILL have not come to any REAL and TRUTHFUL conclusions:. ALL I truly want is the TRUTH, and right now.. I honesty can not say that I KNOW THE TRUTH on this matter. I even SPENT the "DAY" OBSERVING  the "DAY OF ATONEMENT".as best I could understand..

Which I must say had REAL meaning to me personally.

HOWEVER, I am NOT SEEKING to be DOGMATIC on the matter of "KEEPING THE FEAST" as the BODY of CHRIST..



The LAST thing I wish to do is CAUSE BONDAGE for myself or for the BODY OF CHRIST.
  

AS far as OBSERVING THE FEAST OF THE LORD, personally I have NOT come to any REAL conclusions on the matter. I am SEEKING to discover if they are IMPORTANT To KEEP.AS the BODY OF CHRIST.



I spent a GREAT DEAL of time over the last TWO days studying this subject, only to find myself.. going back and forth between YES?? and NO?? or MAYBE. I simply may not be smart enough to understand. UNLESS the LORD gives understanding through the SPIRIT, it will just become another RELIGIOUS ACT of BONDAGE.

What I do believe I know is:

1. . I do STILL believe these FEAST BELONG to the LORD and they are PROPHETIC in NATURE. 


2. That if they are NOT KEPT from a worshipful heart, will only lead to bondage and religion.
3. TO KEEP or NOT KEEP these feast, in my opinion, AT THIS TIME, is a personal matter between an INDIVIDUAL and the LORD.

OUR WALK is a PERSONAL WALK, intimate walk with the LORD, and most of all WE should do AS HE CALLS.

FOR me at least, the scriptures certainly seem to neither "command" that they be KEPT nor does it condemn those that wish to join in.


I truly wish I had someone to STUDY this subject with.. : (

_________________________________________________________________________________
  HERE are The PROS and CONS:

A couple of EXAMPLES for the FEAST: That the FEAST were kept after the RESURRECTION;

PROS:

Paul, a Roman, Jew, pharisee  etc. (called to the GENTILES)

FOR whatever reason???, decided it was important to GO to JERUSALEM to keep the "DAY OF PENTECOST"


KJV
ACTS 18: 21, Felt a NEED to keep the FEAST,  then in ACTS 20: 16 it tells us WHICH DAY he was observing.





ACTS 18: 21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.


AND

In matthew  24: 20  SPEAKING of END TIMES or PERHAPS even DURING the time of a PAST abomination.  PRAYER was requested that "our flight be not in winter, NEITHER ON THE SABBATH DAY.

My Question is: Why the SABBATH and why would PAUL feel a need to KEEP A FEAST?


We know JESUS went to a FEAST HIMSELF, but that was BEFORE HIS RESURRECTION.


Then we OBVIOUSLY have ACTS 21: 25

AS touching the GENTILES which believe, we have written and CONCLUDED that they obverse no such thing,

SAVE ONLY that they KEEP themselves from

1. Things offered to idols
2. from blood
3. from strangled animals
4. from fornication.

I must confess that it SEEMS that a CHILD of GOD did have some COMMANDS to follow, but it appears according to his or her GROWTH in the BODY that would determine their walk/steps of obedience???

CONS: Things that are against

Colossians 2:16-17 :

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration, or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ."

Galatians 4:10-11 :
"You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you."




SO what is the ANSWER to this AGE OLD QUESTION I do not KNOW.  But I am open to anyone EMAILING ME and giving me HELPS on the matter..
..

PERSONALLY, I refuse to DIVIDE myself from anyone that DESIRES to "KEEP the FEAST", NOR would I divide myself from anyone that DOES NOT feel a need to keep them.

 So UNTIL the LORD grants me with UNDERSTANDING.. I shall just simply continue my DISCOVERY and RESEARCH on the matter of the FEAST.


Please FORGIVE ME for any confusion I may have caused to the BODY.


AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment