Friday, July 27, 2012

A testimony from a brother in Mexico

Hello everyone
    

 I just want to take a minute and relate to everyone an incident that happened to me here in mexico yesterday. The reason i am telling you this is to impress on you just how far things have gotten out of hand here, which, i beleive, is merely a reflection of what is happening all over the world nowdays.
     I was coming back to our mission base here yesterday from a trip to a city about 30 miles away from where i live here, driving a new 4x4 double cab pickup truck that a church in the United States had donated to the mission here. I was traveling alone as my wife Susie and my son Caleb stayed at home yesterday. I had just entered the city limits of Rubio, the city where we live, when a white van got right on my bumper. It pulled up alongside me, swerved in front of me and ran me off the road. The car was full of people, and they piled out of thier car with AK47 Assault rifles pointed at me. One of them came up to the driver side of my car and covered me with a rifle pointed at my head. 3 of them opened the back doors of the double cab pickup i was in and got in the back with a rifle pointed at the back of my head. One of them got in the front passenger side. The one in the front spoke english, and he said "we want your truck". I replied, "no problem, take the truck, just let me out and i will walk home". Then they said, "we want your money also". I opened my wallet and  gave them all my money, which was about $150.00 dollars. Then the one in the front said, "who are you, and what is your business in mexico". I replied, "I am an American missionary" . The one in the front said something to the ones in the back. They had radio communication with someone, and they started talking to someone on the radio, i didn´t understand what they were saying. Then they said, "we don´t rob missionaries", and they handed my money back to me and said ,"You are free to go."
     This all happened in broad daylight, inside the city limits, with police cars driving by on the street up ahead of where i was at. Mexico is decending into complete anarchy. The police have lost control of the situation completly, and i beleive that what happened yesterday is merely a reflection of what is happening all over the world right now. If there was ever a time that christians need to get thier lives cleaned up and get in a right standing with God that time is now. I firmly beleive that if Almighty God had not had his protective hand upon me i would be dead right now.
    I have said all this in order to say this. The church has been praying for a corporate revival for years now, and for the most part nothing has happened. The time has come for the church to stop praying for a corporate revival, and begin praying for an individual revival. You know wheather or not you need a revival in your life. If you are spiritually stale you need to get on your face before God and fast and pray until you get the spiritual revival that you so desperately need. Quit praying for a church wide revival, and begin praying for a revival in your own life. Let me give you a warning brothers and sisters. What happened to me in mexico yesterday is merely a reflection of what could happen to you at any moment at whatever part of the world you happen to live in. Get before God, and don´t take no for an answer. Pray and fast until you get the revival that you need in your own personal life. Time is getting short.
     Blessings from mexico brethern.

No comments:

Post a Comment