Friday, September 9, 2011

BY DEREK PRINCE: a FEW COPY and PASTE from his various books might be helpful to us.


BY DEREK PRINCE: 

May the LORD use these words as an instrument to move us FORWARD by HIS GRACE, MERCY and POWER..

“Pulled from the Scrap Heap”

I just have a few more points to make, all designed to help you relate rightly to the Holy Spirit. The next one may surprise you, but I think it’s very important. Be prepared to be weak or foolish or both. I think that’s essential. If you’re not prepared for that, there will be a very definite limit as to how far the Holy Spirit will be able to use you….
     What has God chosen? The weak things to confound the mighty, the foolish things to confound the wise, the base things to confound the things that are honorable.
     It’s a strange list, isn’t it? The weak, the foolish, the base, the things that are not. Which category are you in? Are you very dignified, very respectable, very intelligent? This will shock you, but God can’t use you. You’re outside the field of His choice, you see.
     So what’s the solution? God is not going to change. We have to change.

From “How to Find God’s Plan for Your Life:

     It has always blessed me to think that the great Creator of the universe who created the stars and the seas and the mountains, all the glorious and beautiful things that surround us on earth—that when He wanted to make His masterpiece, He went to the scrap heap for His material. And that’s where he found people such as me.
     I have no doubt where I was when the Lord found me. I was there on the scrap heap. And in His wonderful grace and mercy, He reached down and took that unpromising piece of material that was me, in my lost and unregenerate state, and said, “I’m going to make a masterpiece out of you.” And that’s true, not merely for me….


You Matter to God
     Can you relate to what Derek was saying here? I certainly can, and it encourages me all the more to present myself to the Lord to be used by Him.

     The Lord knows all about the struggle you and I may have had in regard to whether we can be of any use to Him. Make no mistake. He has heard your cry as you have asked Him to use you for His purposes. That deep longing of your heart has not fallen on deaf ears.

     Would you like to affirm that desire and settle it once and for all? If so, please join me in the following prayer and proclamation:
     Lord Jesus, I admit that I have had doubts about my usefulness to You. I have given in to accusing thoughts that my inadequacies and failures may have disqualified me from being used for Your purposes.
     With this prayer, in Your presence, I reject those accusations. And I cry out once again to You to be used in Your service. Lord Jesus, touch my life again in a fresh way. I place myself completely on the altar as a living sacrifice, and I declare my trust in the truth of Your Word according to Romans 12:1: that by the power of Your blood, I am a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God.
     I come to You now, just as I am. I receive Your forgiveness, Your cleansing, Your affirmation and Your commissioning for whatever tasks You may have ordained for me as Your devoted servant. I am all Yours, Lord Jesus, and I proclaim that You will use me for the purposes of Your kingdom in the times ahead.


WE must not doubt our impact upon a DIEING WORLD. No matter how small or insignificant we may be. WE SERVE a MIGHTY GOD.
LET us SURRENDER to HIS CALL that HE be GLORIED. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment